Thursday, November 10, 2011

Wireless Mirroring with Apple TV

Ok, I have to say that I'm a bit excited about the new "toy" we got in our office. We've had a lot of success with the iPad... through workshops and productivity for things we do in our office. I just got approval to get an Apple TV so that we can wirelessly walk around the room and still project content from our iPad. This is going to help with our meetings, workshops, and hopefully present a low cost "whiteboard" alternative for many teachers throughout Fresno County. I'm very anxious to set it up... all I have to do is take the HDMI output and convert it to VGA so that it can work with our existing projector. When's all said and done, we should have an interactive whiteboard (with no wires) for less than $700 dollars.

iPad2 = $530
Apple TV = $109.00
HDMI to VGA Converter = $45

Here's a video.

Wirelessly Mirroring iPads through Apple TV from Tricia Fuglestad on Vimeo.

No comments: